Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Big Orange Pumpkin Farm

We recently took Parker to a pumpkin farm. We thought he'd enjoy it...and I thought there might be cute photo ops! It was a great way to spend the afternoon. Despite the 2 lane country roads where my husband becomes Mario Andretti, it was lots of fun. I definitely recommend the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm for a pretty day with no plans!

First we feed the animals. There were goats, sheep, and cows ready for snacks. Some of the really hungry critters pulled the cup right out of your hands! Parker preferred the "baby goats." They were a little more laid back.


Next up a tractor train ride! While Parker enjoyed this, I felt a little too big to be on the tractor train. It took some creative maneuvering just to get in there. I'll spare you the play by play pictures Andy took. And the seat in the barrel was a 2 by 4! How it didn't crack under my behind, I'll never know! Next year he'll be big enough to ride alone. (Thank god!!)


We turned him loose in the pumpkin field. He ran around like crazy!


He enjoyed collecting pumpkins. He was quite selective and built up quite a pile. I was afraid there might be some tears when we didn't take home his 8 favorite pumpkins. Luckily we lured him away from his pile with an...

Empty bounce house!! A sight I had never seen! It was like a unicorn. For those of you without little ones, usually bounce items are full of much bigger, wilder, crazy kiddos. If you put a 2 year old in there, you are guaranteed a broken bone. We took advantage and let Parker jump his little heart out. Daddy supervised!
We also went on a hay ride, ran through a hay bale maze, and ate a hot dog.
I'd post pictures if I hadn't ran out of battery power. :(


All in all, it was a fun filled afternoon! Lots of activities, beautiful weather, and a happy 2 year old. And all for the bargain price of $7!

No comments:

Post a Comment