Monday, October 26, 2009

Right On Track

Today was Parker's 2 year check up. According to his doctor, he's right on track. He's now 28 pounds (65 percentile) and 38 inches tall (92 percentile). His head was 19.75 inches (85 percentile). For the first time in his whole life, his head was NOT his biggest percentile. He's officially out grown being a bobble-head baby.
The doctor predicted his adult height to be around 6 foot 1. His exact words were for me to "get my licks in now, because by jr. high, he'll be bigger than me." Not shocking that he'll pass my staggering 5 feet 4 inches. It was also nice to confirm the "cold" we have (AGAIN!!) was allergies and that his asthma is under control.
I finally had my camera at an appointment and took a few pictures. The doctor asked him about all his body parts. He knew all of them, including his heart. I was surprised by that one. His feet were very interesting today. I don't think he'd ever noticed the lines on the bottom before. Maybe we need better lighting in our house....

"What shot?! I have to get a shot?! Shoot!!"

"Oh, Wow! A sucker? Gee...thanks! I'll use both hands so I don't drop it!"

"See Mommy?? Orange Sucker!!" That he really did say and it was cute!

He throughly enjoyed said sucker. Not only did he suck on it the whole drive home, but he rubbed it all over his face and stuck it in one of his ears. We needed about 10 wipes to be sucker free, but it was worth it.

Next stop, potty training! We're going to need a lot of suckers....and wipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment