Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Parker!

Yesterday was Parker's 2nd Birthday. We had such a nice day together!
Here's our day in photos:

We went to lunch with Nana, Papaw and Mimi. Here is Parker waiting for his food, with his hands folded, smiling nicely. Now that he's 2, he's so mature! Yeah right....This lasted about 5 seconds, but it sure looked cute!
"Winking" at Papaw.
Running off his birthday cheesecake down by the creek.
"Mommy, horsey says Neigh, Neigh!"
After lunch, KK, Haley and Ally stopped by with a birthday surprise for Parker. He inhaled his second serving of "happy pumpkin cake" and loved his lego Elmo.
Thanks again for being so thoughtful!


Daddy even passed on the Cowboy game to spend time with his little guy.

Here's a comparison, Parker at 1 year vs. Parker at 2 years:

We can't believe he's 2. Time really is flying! He's talking in sentences and learns 10 new things a day. For example, he loves to get water from the fridge, pour it on the floor with an "Uh-Oh," and tell me that the floor is "sippery." He then gets a towel and tries to clean it up.

He's also really into choosing my footwear these days. He likes for me to match him. If he's in soccer shoes, Mommy should be, too. If Parker has on brown shoes, why would Mommy wear black?? I've actually changed my clothes to go with the shoes he's selected. It seemed easier than trying to explain the theory of coordinating accessories. I feel like that's more a 3 or 4 year old conversation.

I'm also wondering how long it will be until he drives. Yesterday before lunch Parker and Daddy were playing in the garage. Parker took Andy's keys, got in his car, put the key in the ignition and tried to turn the car on. Luckily he's not strong enough, but he can match the symbol on the key to the right car. Scary!!

My favorite thing about Parker right now is how caring he can be. He'll ask me if I'm ok, give me hugs and kisses, says thank you without being prompted and tells me he loves me. It makes my heart melt! I love him so much and feel so blessed to be his mom. We'll see what the next year brings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment